More and more patients from all over the world have been choosing Turkey as an option for quality hair transplants. Over the last few decades, Turkey has earned a reputation as a global leader in high-quality healthcare at affordable prices. The Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic offers hair transplants in Istanbul to patients suffering from a wide range of hair loss. As a pioneer in hair restoration, Dr Aygin has revolutionised hair restoration treatments such as Sapphire FUE hair transplants.
How Does A Hair Transplant Work?
All hair transplants start with a free consultation to determine the nature and degree of your hair restoration needs. Once you and your doctor have agreed on a treatment plan, the procedure can begin. During a hair transplant, your healthy hair follicles are extracted from a donor area (most commonly at the back of the head, where the hair is thickest). From here, it depends on what style of transplant is being performed.
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant
A Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant requires the surgeon to store the hair grafts in a special nutrient solution before creating a series of channels in the recipient area. The extracted hair grafts are then inserted into the open channels either individually or in small groups of up to 4. Dr Serkan Aygin has pioneered the use of sapphire blades during a FUE hair transplant, allowing for much finer channels, less bleeding, and less risk of scarring.
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) is a modified version of the FUE technique. During a DHI hair transplant, your hair follicles are removed from the donor site and implanted directly into the recipient area in a single step. This allows for the hairs to be implanted along the natural angle and direction of your hair growth.
How Quickly Will I See Results From A Hair Transplant?
After any hair transplant, your head will need to be bandaged for the next 24-36 hours to allow it to start healing. Each patient’s exact timeline is unique, but a general outline of hair transplant in Turkey results looks like this:
- For three days following your transplant, the recipient area will start scabbing over and will likely become quite itchy. It is important to avoid touching, rubbing, or washing your head during this time as it can lead to permanent damage and scarring.
- After three days, you can resume washing your hair. However, it’s important to closely follow your doctor’s instructions for hair washing after a hair transplant. During the first week, you’re likely to experience “shock hair loss” where your hair will fall out. This is a common and temporary side effect and your hair will return on its own.
- During the next few weeks, you’ll continue to shed hair. Again, this is normal and not a cause for concern. After only 4-6 weeks, you should return to a preoperative appearance.
- By three months, new hair will have begun growing and will continue to come in as more time passes.
- After 12-18 months, final results will be visible.
Are Hair Transplants Permanent?
Yes, all of the hair transplant options offered at our clinic hair transplants provide permanent solutions to hair loss. We take great care to select hairs from the healthiest and thickest part of your scalp to ensure that they will continue to grow for the rest of your life. At the Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic, we have a hair regrowth rate of 98% on our more than 15,000 clients.
Aftercare And Follow-Ups
Following your hair transplant before and after procedure (and included in your all-inclusive package) is follow-up PRP treatment and/or LLLT laser hair therapy. You will also receive all recommended medications and clear instructions on their use. We make repeated follow-ups with all of our clients to ensure a lifetime of satisfaction.